Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Post on my first BLog










We just made it back from a long weekend (yes, it is Wednesday). Today is my partner's birthday and his only wish was a camping trip. So we packed up the truck to find our way to the lake. It was freakin cold. I don't believe it ever got over 6o degrees, but we enjoyed our time in the woods none the less. The pups certainly had a good time and Alistair's wish was granted.


We made it back around 10Am and went for a 3.5 mile run on the treadmill to warm up and girl did I. The weather changed drastically from the lake of 55 degrees to home being 85 degrees. I certainly welcome the warmth, but my body wasn't quite prepared. I got pretty sweaty very quickly. It always makes me laugh when Ntombi (the dog in the picture) runs on the treadmill with me and she becomes annoyed by my sweat that drips onto her, so she will eventually jump off in frustration.


Beings that it is Alistair's birthday I treated him to his favorite restaurant Abu's Lebanese Cuisine, Alistair got a Gyro and I enjoyed a Greek Salad Pocket. I took a picture of it, but I had to use my iPhone which is out of focus, so you will have to believe me when I tell you it looked and tasted fabulous.

Since this is my first post on my first blog I feel the need to share a little about myself beyond the "about me." I am currently training for the Nike Women's Marathon; my fourth marathon. However, this time I am training with Team In Training (TNT) to raise money for the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). My goal is to raise $3000 by August 2010. I just finished my second year of a three year Master's in Social Work program at Portland State University. I have three months off from school before beginning again in October. My summer will be spent raising funds for LLS, running, cycling and practicing yoga with a little camping here and there. The plan is to find optimal health through exercise and a planful diet.

Off to spend the evening with my beautiful nieces that are visiting from California...pictures to come soon.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Sarah! I look forward to reading your blog. :) Don't forget you can add a widget to your fundraising website. If you need help with it, let me know.

    ReplyDelete