Monday, June 28, 2010

Life is a battlefield

First day back to work after ten days off...*Big Sigh*

There are days when everyone wants a piece of you...your leg, your arm, your eyes, your heart (not literally, but it feels like it). These days deflate my spirit and deplete my energy. You have two options during these days: Number 1 - Accept it and fall victim to helplessness OR Number 2 - Say F**K it and take care of yourself. To be honest I chose option Number 1 for most of the day until I realized that this victim thing wasn't working for me and took an afternoon break for the gym. It felt good to work it out on the StairMaster.

My day started at 5:00 AM. I was so tired that I didn't workout. I just showered and then took to little projects around the house which made me late for work. For breakfast I made Flax and Oat Power Muffins which I found on Oh She Glows blog. These are hearty yet moist. The perfect combination.
1 ripened banana
2 TBS olive oil
1 organic egg
1/4 cup non packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flax see
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1.2 tsp baking soda
Mix and bake at 350* for 15 minutes - makes 6 power muffins.


I finally made it to my desk at 7:10 and found 39 messages for my enjoyment (I dare to tell you how many emails I walked into). I thought I was ready for this day except for I just kept tripping and running in to things. I have turned clumsy. Oh, did I tell you that I broke my toe. Maybe not broke, but I certainly sprained it. Last night I was fervently skipping into the garage to get food for the chickens and BAM, hit my toes into the vacuum cleaner. I screamed some colourful words, finished my mission and then sat to whimper for awhile. This morning one toe is still in pain, red and a little swollen *insert sad face* Anyways today demanded my full attention, but I only felt at 60%. I blame it on a few components 1) forgot to do my castor oil rub last night so my belly was bloated today 2) forgot to take vitamin b 3) Lost my bottle of probiotics 4) didn't exercise before work 5) first day back after 10 days off. It was good to see everyone though. My coworkers make my job awesome. Anyways, when I don't feel stellar I always believe food will make me feel better so I snacked on Yogi Granola Crisps throughout the day and drank a whole lota water.

For lunch I had a cucumber wrap with sprouts, hummus and cream cheese. Super lite and scrumptious. At around 2:00 I finally pulled myself out of my pity party and walked to the gym. I did 45 minutes on the stairmaster thingy. It felt perfect - was truly what I needed. It made the day fly by. I then had a conversation with my sister on the way home regarding life's trials as I was complaining about a neighbor dispute that I won't go into here. Anyways, my sister asked when does life get easy? My first thought is that in comparison to many I do have a great life; maybe not easy, but great AND I have chosen this path. My second thought is that we do have many battles along our path/journey and those battles make us feel ALIVE. They teach us how to work with others and to meet resistance with openness. How we respond (not react) to these battles shows our inner beings and I want to be beautiful inside. So I chose openness rather than resistance.

I was treated by amazon.com when I walked through the door. I found dut dah duh....


Tiffany Crukshank's book "Optimal health for a vibrant life" this is a 30 day program to detoxify and replenish body and mind. My initial thought is to begin after my return from this weekends yoga retreat, but deeper thought suggests that I begin before the retreat. I will look it over tonight to see how extensive it is and make some big decisions.

Tomorrow I plan to run to work which is 4.5 miles, after work run to yoga which is 4 miles and then hope and pray that someone will drive my tired a** home.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment