Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chill~laxin

Sadly this weekend just flew by. My intention for the weekend was to go to a yoga workshop entitled "living yoga" but due to low enrollment the workshop was cancelled. So I found myself with a whole lotta extra time AND I did not make use of it...not one bit. I relaxed A LOT! I did a bit of baking, but just did not take photos=( However, picture or not, you are going to want to try this recipe. It is delicious.

Super Moist Banana Bread

Pre-heat oven to 350°F and in mixing bowl stir to combine:

2 Cups Whole wheat Flour
1/2-3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt

Set this bowl aside, and in another bowl whisk 2 large eggs, then add and stir to combine:

5 Tbsp Earth Balance Butter melted
1 1/2 Cups mashed ripe Banana – 4 bananas
1/4 Cup Plain Greek or regular Nonfat Yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just to combine – Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake in center of the 350°F oven for about 50 minutes

Okay, so I totally forgot to put in the eggs AND the bread was AWESOME! Allie said it is the best ever. So although the recipe calls for eggs feel free to leave them out. Yummy!!!



In honor of the forgotten eggs I thought I should share with you where my eggs come from. AND these chickies are anything, but forgotten. Without further ado please meet Oprah and Jasmine...





I took the plunge this weekend and finally purchased my books for the upcoming term...$300 later I find myself broke on my social work salary. And it is going to get worse as I go part time at work to fit in my internship. So, we are trying to save money where ever we can. The best way to save is to buy less OBVIOUSLY which means we have to make more at home. I found this awesome recipe for dishwasher detergent which as you know can be very expensive. I went out and bought the ingredients which in all come close to the price of the detergent I buy, however, the ingredients will make many batches...so, yes, in the long run I save money=)


Dishwasher Detergent Recipe


2 cups Borax


2 cups baking soda


1 cup salt


I have used this homemade detergent twice and I must say I am impressed. The dishes don't shine, but they are clean. In fact, I think they may be cleaner than with the store bought brand.

I also found a recipe for laundry detergent, but I haven't used it yet, so I will keep you posted.

Today my training schedule called for an 18 mile run. The weather was so nice to me. In fact, I was even cold at the beginning. I started on the treadmill for 4.5 miles, then Allie joined me on his bike for the remaining 13.5 miles. On the treadmill I kept to a 9 minute mile, but when I venture out to the road I often go much slower. My garmin showed that I average 12 minute miles for the remaining 13.5. My fastest mile was 8:30. All in all it was a good run.

Alistair made a feast for us when we returned. he invited a friend over for brunch and we all ate stuffed french toast with blackberries and hash browns (I know strange combination), and the boys munched on eggs benedict. My stomach struggled with the contents I pushed down so there was no eggs benedict for me, but it looked good.

We went to the dog park and the pups played hard and in the water. it was a good day!

Hope you all have a fabulous week. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment