Sunday, August 22, 2010

Confessions

Confession #1 - Thursday I went to the market to pick up three items 1) half & half 2) greek yogurt 3) french bread - (no, they don't go together!). Fortunately, I made it out with these items, but I also felt the need to munch...so, I bought a (enormous) bag of tortilla chips, but these weren't plain they are guacamole flavored tortilla chips...no, not a healthy option! Anyways, it is now Sunday and these chips are all I can think about. They are very tasty, but not nutritious=( Reasons like such are why I bring a list and need not detour from the list....ughhh!

Saturday morning was a 15 mile run with hubby, sista Christie and nephew Kyle. Not sure why I don't ever get hubby in the pictures...I think he runs when the camera reveals itself. I caught a picture of sista spraying sunscreen on Kyle - he doesn't look impressed. We were running/cycling at 7:45AM.


The weather was perfect for the run. It stayed nice and cool. In fact I don't believe the temperature got about 80 degrees all day. Pre-run snack was half a Kidz Clif Bar which contained 65 calories and a cup of coffee. I packed 3 Advil's and a gu gel in my water in my pack with the bladder filled with cold water. I averaged 10 minute miles for the first 4 miles, then my pace started to slow down. At 7.5 miles I had the gu and i felt it kick in around mile 8.5, but my knees were killing me particularly the left so I took 2 Advil's at mile 10. Alistair and Kyle took off at this point to get some time in at the play structure which was only 3 miles away, but sista stayed with me. I started to take some walk breaks here and there and finally made it to the play structure about 37 minutes later. Poor Kyle's tire went flat so he had to do some walking=( At this point I had 2 miles to go, so Alistair stayed near me to spur me along. I sprinted the last half mile which felt good. That was my fasted mile at 7:44, but my average was 11:49. I burned 1800 calories says garmin. I lacked energy and really need to figure out the pre-meal- enough so I have energy, but small enough to keep my belly happy. And I was starving by mile 13. I started dreaming about food - almost anything would do. We got home, took a shower and went for breakfast at a diner (whoop, whoop) - I got a scramble for a whole lot of protein. Later in the evening we went to my sista's for a barbecue and it was delicious. Home by 10:30; in bed at 10:31PM.

Confession #2 - When I let go, I let go. With my busy schedule this summer I let the office become our garbage/recycling can. Anything and everything that didn't have a place went here.



I know, horrible, disgusting, gross! I am surprised I didn't find rats when I finally tackled this room. I decided that with school starting in a month my study area needed to be clean. So I spent a day and half organizing, reducing and dusting. I think I am ready for school to start now that I can find my desk..whoohooo!



Although my diet has consisted of mostly guacamole tortilla chips and greek yogurt I decided I needed a balanced meal for dinner. I chose a homemade pizza. I used a flat out for the crust (100 calories), organic garlic marinara sauce, mozzarella and provolone cheese, fresh basil, zucchini, carrots, onion, pepper and red pepper flakes. I baked the veggies first for 20 minutes at 375 then added the veggies to the crust for an addition 7 minutes in the oven. Voila...delicious and nutritious. Unfortunately, a knife and fork were required to devour it.



Confession #3 - it is 4:36 PM and I feel like a nap or bedtime is in order. It is rough around here on Sunday afternoons. Alistair is playing golf, the pups are sound asleep and I am watching Desperate Housewives (confession #4)!

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday evening. I am curious what food you can't stay away from if you have it in your house?

May you all walk with confidence and a smile. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment